Finding a Surrogate Mother
Why would a woman choose to be your surrogate mother?
Finding a surrogate mother, can be a daunting task that Shared Conception is prepared to fully address. We know that choosing your surrogate is extremely important and that a lot of thought and research must go into this process. Our agency is not just a surrogate finder – we carefully choose individuals who are perfectly suited for you.
The surrogates associated with Shared Conception are unique, strong, caring, committed individuals, who all feel compelled to fulfill their personal desire of helping intended parents become moms and dads.
Our surrogates are all mothers of various ethnicities, diverse backgrounds and hail from a multitude of cultures and heritages. Shared Conception accepted these women as surrogates as their character shone through, their health was above par and they are psychologically healthy. Plus, they are a treasure trove of information regarding pregnancy and delivery as they are already mothers. Your potential surrogate is a strong, self-assured woman who passionately wants to help create nuclear families.
There are a myriad of reasons why some women choose to be surrogate mothers.
- She enjoyed stable, uneventful pregnancies.
- She loves her own children so much that she wants to help other couples experience those emotions as well.
- This opportunity allows her to either stay at home with her kids or alternatively contribute to the family’s financial health.
- She honestly believes she is making an everlasting difference in someone else’s life, no matter who they are.
QUALIFICATIONS AS A SURROGATE MOTHER
Shared Conception is extraordinarily selective in choosing your surrogate. Our candidates MUST pass an extensive and well-thought out screening process. Our surrogates are medically, psychologically, and financially screened. Finding a surrogate mother is such an intrinsic process but when we find her, rest assured she is fully committed to you and to the process you all are about to experience.
Qualifications to Become a Surrogate Mother
- Overall good health without any psychiatric illness or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Financially secure and not be in need of or receiving state or federal government assistance.
- Birthed at least one child that she is currently raising and experienced uncomplicated pregnancies.
- Be between the ages of 21-38.
- Be in a happy, stable living environment and have the full support of her spouse or partner (if applicable).
- Non-smoker and not be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Must not use illegal drugs.
- Have a healthy height to weight ratio (BMI) as determined by a medical professional – Recognize that an individual does not have to be as skinny as a stick, in order to have a healthy BMI!
- Possess a high school diploma.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.A.
- Responsibly take all medications (oral, patches, injections, etc.) as instructed.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Enjoy being pregnant and have a sincere desire help others create or add to their family.
After meeting these initial requirements, Shared Conception proceeds with the screening phase.
- Detailed interview.
- Completion of a comprehensive application which includes medical and psychological questions.
- Psychological evaluation and clearance.
- Full and thorough review of all official medical records by a medical professional.
- Successful completion of Criminal and Residential background check.