Who is a Gestational Surrogate?
Who is a traditional surrogate?
Why should I use Shared Conception Instead of an Independent Arrangement?
In an independent arrangement, if for any reason, your surrogate reneges on your arrangement with her, you will obviously, lose thousands of dollars in upfront costs. Plus, some surrogates who offer independent arrangements are doing so because they do not meet the strict criteria set by highly-reputable agencies such as Shared Conception. Other surrogates may be qualified but might solicit fees that are significantly above the standard industry compensation package.
At the end of the day, Shared Conception is clearly a more effective choice over any independent arrangement.
If, however, you choose an independent arrangement, Shared Conception is ready and available to coordinate and navigate the entire process with you and your independently chosen surrogate. In addition to our full service plan, we offer a designated surrogate plan where you independently locate, interview and designate your surrogate and we expertly guide BOTH of you through the process up to the baby’s birth. We are ready to work with you no matter the situation.
Why should we work with Shared Conception versus another agency?
We are Texas’ premier boutique agency, which allows us to provide more personal attention to both intended parents and surrogates. Our goal is to help you experience the immeasurable joy of becoming a family.
(1) Custom Surrogate Match
Shared Conception will custom-match you with a surrogate based on both of your personalities, values and beliefs.
(2) Professional Mediation
Often in an independent arrangement, you, the intended parent, must raise any concerns or issues directly with your surrogate mother. As you can imagine, this may lead to a few awkward moments and a potentially damaged relationship. Shared Conception discretely mediates your relationship with the surrogate mother–lowering the “tense” factor and increasing the “amicability and rapport” factor.
(3) Customer-centric Case Management
Shared Conception offers an efficient yet compassionate approach throughout your surrogacy arrangement. We are happy to contact the hospital in the last trimester of your pregnancy and discuss the details of your arrangement with their surrogacy or social work team.
(4) Location, Location, Location
Shared Conception is based in Houston, Texas and has an office in Dallas, Texas. Both offices are conveniently located near international airports. Our offices are professional, friendly yet private.
“Partners in Creating Life,” is not only our slogan, it is our way of doing business. Thus, we pledge to actively work with you to create the life and family of which you have always dreamed!
How much contact will we have with our surrogate throughout the process and after the birth?
Shared Conception understands the sensitivity of the overall situation. We will be sure to take both side’s thoughts, feelings and wishes into consideration BEFORE making a match.
What is our first step in retaining your agency?
How much does surrogacy cost or how much does a surrogate mother cost?
When do I pay Shared Conception?
When do I pay the Surrogate?
Do you mix the surrogate fees with company funds?
How are the surrogates screened?
Qualifications to Become a Surrogate Mother
- Overall good health without any psychiatric illness or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Financially secure and not be in need of or receiving state or federal government assistance.
- Birthed at least one child that she is currently raising and experienced uncomplicated pregnancies.
- Be between the ages of 21-38.
- Be in a happy, stable living environment and have the full support of her spouse or partner.
- Non-smoker and not be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Must not use illegal drugs.
- Have a healthy height to weight ratio (BMI) as determined by a medical professional – Recognize that an individual does not have to be as skinny as a stick, just be healthy and comfortably fit!
- Possess a high school diploma.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.A.
- Responsibly take all medications (oral, patches, injections, etc.) as instructed.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Enjoy being pregnant and have a sincere desire help others create or add to their family.
After meeting these rigorous requirements, Shared Conception proceeds with the screening phase.
- Detailed interview.
- Completion of a comprehensive application which includes medical and psychological questions.
- Psychological evaluation and clearance.
- Full and thorough review of all official medical records directly obtained from treating physicians. These records will be reviewed only by a medical professional.
- Successful completion of Criminal and Residential background check.
How do you match couples and surrogates?
Once we have a possible match, we contact the surrogate and you. If both parties are interested in moving forward, Shared Conception will arrange a conference call between you, the potential surrogate and a member of the Shared Conception team. If everyone is in agreement, a face-to-face meeting will occur and you and the surrogate-to-be can start building rapport and determine if you want to journey through this surrogate process with each other. A Shared Conception representative will attend this introductory meeting if requested.