Pregnancy is an amazing journey during which a woman’s body undergoes many changes. While it is a time of excitement and anticipation, it can also bring along various physical and emotional challenges. Prenatal massages have become a popular and effective way to alleviate some of these discomforts and promote overall well-being during this transformative phase.
Here are 10 benefits of getting prenatal massages:
- Relieves Aches and Pains: As the baby grows, the surrogate mother’s body undergoes significant adjustments to accommodate the new life within. These changes can lead to aches and pains, particularly in the lower back, hips, and legs. Prenatal massages target these specific areas, helping to release tension and alleviate discomfort.
- Reduces Swelling: Swelling is a common issue during pregnancy, especially in the hands, feet, and ankles. Gentle massage strokes help improve circulation and lymphatic drainage, reducing swelling and enhancing overall fluid movement in the body.
- Eases Muscle Tension: The hormonal changes and the shifting of the body’s center of gravity can cause muscle tension and knots. Prenatal massages employ various techniques to soothe these tight muscles, providing much-needed relaxation and comfort.
- Improves Sleep Quality: Pregnancy often disrupts a woman’s sleep patterns due to discomfort and hormonal changes. Prenatal massages can induce a state of relaxation, reducing stress hormones like cortisol and promoting the release of feel-good hormones like serotonin. This can lead to improved sleep quality and better rest for the pregnant surrogate.
- Alleviates Sciatic Pain: Sciatic pain, caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve, is a common complaint during pregnancy. Prenatal massages can effectively target the affected areas, reducing inflammation and providing relief from this nagging pain.
- Manages Stress and Anxiety: Pregnancy can be a time of heightened emotions and anxiety. Prenatal massages offer a soothing escape from daily stresses, promoting a sense of calmness and emotional well-being. The release of endorphins during the massage can further uplift the mood and reduce anxiety.
- Prepares for Labor and Delivery: Prenatal massages help relax and soften the muscles and ligaments around the pelvis, potentially aiding in a smoother delivery. Additionally, reduced stress and anxiety levels can contribute to a more positive birthing experience.
- Supports Postpartum Recovery: Prenatal massages can also benefit the surrogate mother during the postpartum period. The relief from muscle tension and stress can aid in the body’s healing process after childbirth, so she can get back to taking care of her family.
- Safe and Specialized Care: It’s essential to choose a certified prenatal massage therapist who is trained in the unique needs and safety considerations of pregnant women. A skilled therapist will use appropriate techniques and positions to ensure the comfort and well-being of both the surrogate and the baby.
Prenatal massages are more than just a pampering indulgence for surrogates; they offer a ton of benefits that contribute to a healthier and more enjoyable pregnancy journey. From reducing aches and pains to promoting emotional well-being, these therapeutic sessions can make a world of difference during pregnancy. However, it’s very important that you check with your medical provider to make sure that a prenatal massage is safe in your particular pregnancy!
Want to learn more about surrogacy? Go to www.deliveradream.com and fill out a contact form! We can’t wait to connect with you!