1. You get to give one of the greatest gifts anyone can ever give. From the moment children come into our lives, our world changes for the good. We are suddenly filled with enormous amounts of love and devotion for a tiny little being. Their first smile, first giggle, first step and first word are just a few of the simple, but extraordinary treasures that make parenthood an amazing and rewarding experience. Helping someone else experience these treasures is one of the greatest gifts anyone can give.
2. You’ll form a lifelong bond, a connection that is like no other. The surrogacy process creates an intimate link that binds the lives of the intended parents, the surrogate and the child. The relationship created through the surrogacy process is one that our surrogacy agency, Shared Conception, takes exceptional care to respect and maintain throughout the journey.
3. Receive financial compensation for helping a family in need. Receive financial compensation to help you and your family.
4. Choose who you want to work with. Intended parents come from around the world and all kinds of backgrounds. During the application and screening process, surrogates have the opportunity to express whom they would like to work with. Shared Conception’s matching process involves the mutual exchange of profiles and an introductory Skype video call so you can be sure you’re comfortable with the couple or individual you will be working with.
5. Gain a sense of pride and accomplishment that you take with you the rest of your life. Becoming a surrogate and helping another family achieve their parenthood dreams is an amazing act of kindness. These intended parents wouldn’t have a child if it weren’t for your desire to help. You will have a sense of pride that you helped another family fulfill their dream for the rest of your life.
6. Have the support you need 24/7 from the beginning to the end. Every step of your surrogacy journey–from the IVF process, pregnancy, delivery and post-delivery–will be carefully guided and coordinated by our experienced team. In addition to the support from your intended parents, you can be sure our surrogacy agency will be cheering you on!
7. Help create families of all backgrounds. Shared Conception works with both heterosexual and LGBT intended parents. During the application and screening process, surrogates have the opportunity to let us know whom they would like to work with.
8. Set a good example for your children and community. Show your children and community the unselfish act of kindness of helping another family.
9. Help make dreams come true. Women who choose to become surrogates do so out of a sincere compassion to help a couple or individual have a child. They realize that nothing fulfills a person’s life more than being part of a family. They might not realize it, but they make dreams come true.
10. Last but certainly not least, become a part of an amazing group of women – the surrogate mother community. Be a part of a community of some amazing, selfless, compassionate women helping to create little miracles for others.
What did we miss? Tell us what you think are the best reasons being a surrogate is great!