Below you will find 7 helpful tips for surrogates to have a healthy pregnancy. By following these tips and taking care of your health, you will ensure that the baby will grow and develop healthily, and you will also feel better throughout your surrogate journey.
- Eat Well-Balanced Meals: This is especially important while pregnant. Eat plenty of protein, fresh fruits, and vegetables. The types of foods you should avoid are undercooked eggs, raw meat, unpasteurized dairy products, and certain types of fish with high levels of mercury.
- Keep Hydrated: The leading cause of premature labor is dehydration (The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists). It is so important during pregnancy to drink plenty of water. In addition to keeping you hydrated, water helps transfer vital vitamins and minerals to the baby.
- Take Prenatal Vitamins: Taking prenatal vitamins before and throughout your pregnancy will ensure that you and the baby receive essential nutrients that promote healthy growth and development.
- Get Enough Rest: You should get at least eight hours of sleep a night. Also, be careful which position you choose to sleep in. Sleeping on your back can cut off the blood supply to the baby and make you feel lightheaded.
- Reduce Stress: This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s a tough one. Like any pregnancy, you will probably experience mood swings and emotional challenges. It’s important to find ways to help you relax and reduce your stress levels. If you need someone to talk to, reach out to your surrogacy support system, including us here at Shared Conception.
- Remain Active: Try to incorporate 30 minutes of low-impact physical activity into your daily routine. This can include walking, a prenatal exercise class, or even swimming. Always consult with your doctor first about which exercises are safe for you and your pregnancy.
- Eliminate Harmful Substances: During your pregnancy, you should avoid alcohol, drugs, and smoking. In addition, you should be aware of other harmful substances, such as exposure to chemicals like household cleaning supplies, changing cat litter boxes, caffeine, and certain over-the-counter medications.
Interested in Surrogacy?
If you are interested in becoming a surrogate mother, please visit www.deliveradream.com or give Shared Conception a call today.