Interviewing potential surrogates is part of the selection process. There are a lot of emotions involved; anxiety, stress, excitement and hope. But, what questions do you ask a woman who will potentially be carrying your baby? At Shared Conception, we do not rest until you find a surrogate you are confident and happy with. It is important to like each other and feel you can get along, but there are some critical questions to ask before choosing a surrogate.
Questionnaire: Getting to know your surrogate
- How many children do you have?
- How were your previous pregnancies?
- Do you want to have more children?
- How long have you been married?
- Why did you decide to become a surrogate?
- How does your family feel about you being a surrogate?
- Describe a typical day for you.
- Do you have a health or exercise routine?
- Have you ever had a miscarriage?
- How many embryos do you feel comfortable with implanting?
- How do you feel about selective reduction and termination?
- Do you feel comfortable with us (the Intended Parents) attending your appointments?
- What kind of contact would you like after birth?
- How do you feel about pumping breast milk?
If you have strong religious beliefs, eat organically and prefer your surrogate to do the same, make sure you include these questions that may affect your choice in a surrogate, especially deal-breakers.
With Shared Conception, you are not in this process alone. We do our best to guide you to your best possible match for the best possible outcome; a precious child of your own!