Pregnancy brings forth many changes. To your life, your body, your mood, etc. In this article we would like to focus on the positive aspects of change that occur while pregnant. Even as a surrogate, besides helping to create a family, pregnancy brings many other positive changes. Several of those changes are great benefits to your body. The following are some of the top benefits that you may not know.
- Decreased Menstrual Cramps:Your menstrual cycle should resume after childbirth. And, some women find that they have fewer cramps or their menstrual pain ceases altogether. This pain reduction is a well-known phenomenon, but there is no certainty as to why it occurs. One theory is that childbirth eliminates some of the prostaglandin receptor sites in the uterus. Prostaglandins; hormones that direct the uterus to contract during labor, also play a role in monthly menstrual pain. Fewer pain-receptor sites equal fewer cramps.
- Lower cancer risk:Pregnancy may be an effective protector against breast and ovarian cancers. The more pregnancies you go through, the greater the effect. In addition, some research has found that breastfeeding (or pumping if you’re a surrogate) for more than three months can also lower your risk of certain cancers.
- Heightened Senses:Pregnancy seems to enhance your sense of taste and smell. Unfortunately, there are those smells that create nausea in early pregnancy but can also make foods especially tasty and delicious later on. This is credited to higher levels of estrogen.
- Healthy lifestyle:Pregnancy causes many women to create various kinds of positive health changes and to drop bad habits. These new healthy habits institute a healthier lifestyle that we can hopefully carry out even after birth.
- Confidence Boost:Did you know that labor and delivery are compared to a marathon? There is a huge sense of accomplishment while pregnant and especially after giving birth. Carrying a child is the ultimate do-it-yourself project that is sure to make any woman proud; not to mention the joy of knowing that as a surrogate, you helped complete a family!
In addition to your own happiness and sense of accomplishment, you are helping create a family, which many others cannot do. You are selfless, special, empowered and you’re giving an incredible gift to a family in need.
Shared Conception pledges to wholeheartedly support you throughout the pregnancy. Interested in becoming a surrogate? Give us a call today or visit www.deliveradream.com to fill out an application request form! We would love to hear from you!