It is in your contract for maternity clothes stipend between your 12th and 15th week. Finding maternity clothes that actually fit and flatter can be challenging for many moms-to-be. But with comfortably fitting maternity clothing, you’ll look—and feel—your best as you go through each trimester. Below are some suggestions to consider before going on your maternity shopping spree.
Choose lightweight summer maternity clothes.
• Show off your precious baby bump.
• Pick your footwear carefully! Try to choose supportive footwear.
• Go for a dip with maternity swimwear. Even show your blossoming belly! *Always wear sunscreen.
• Replace your jeans with jean shorts. Same purpose, just cooler.
• Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! Adding a necklace or cute pair of earrings can make all the difference!
• Keep your hair off your face. There is nothing more annoying than being uncomfortable with hair tickling your face.
• Layer up your summer maternity clothes smartly. It’s hot outside, cold in the grocery store, hot in the car, etc. Layer up to maintain optimal comfort.
If you can’t commit to a whole new wardobe, clothing rental services are a great way to go through each trimester…fashionably! Rent the Runway has a great variety of maternity clothes available to rent and even a subscription service, giving you access to many different sizes and styles of designer brands. There is a standard subscription and an unlimited subscription option that gives you four new pieces a month, but the difference with unlimited is the ability to swap out pieces whenever you like and keep them for as long as you want.
Below are some of our favorite, reasonably priced sites that our surrogates have suggested to us.
Shared Conception is committed to our surrogates and intended parents throughout their entire journey! Interested in becoming a surrogate, or just want to get more information? Give us a call today!