Texas, and many other places around the country, can be brutal during the summer with the high temperatures and humidity. It is awfully uncomfortable and being pregnant can make the heat more intense. You may think “I will never feel cool again” – but don’t worry! Shared Conception has you covered with these tips on how to stay cool and enjoy yourself this summer.
- Do outdoor tasks in the early morning or evening – when it is not as hot.
- If it is over 90 degrees, stay in the shade, indoors or wherever there is air conditioning!
- Wear loose fitting, light colored clothing.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Can someone say “mocktail” – sip a delightful concoction to treat yourself.
- Sunscreen! And don’t forget to reapply!
- Take a quick cool shower (or two) to cool down throughout the day.
- If it doesn’t need to be done now – REST!
- And always ask for help from your support system!
Now, you may notice your skin changes too. When you are pregnant, your body can respond to all the hormonal changes and produce high amounts of melanin. This can cause dark spots and patches. Staying out of excessive sunlight will protect your skin and as mentioned above, find a sunscreen that will not irritate your skin to apply frequently. The heat can make your skin dry and itchy too. Lotions and moisturizing washes can soothe the itch, but most importantly, staying hydrated will work from the inside out.
Shared Conception is dedicated to keeping our surrogates happy and healthy. If you are looking into becoming a surrogate and giving the precious gift of life, give us a call today. You can also visit us online at www.SharedConception.comfor more information or to fill out our online questionnaire to see if surrogacy is the right path for you.