For the couple of days after the embryo transfer, or even possibly during a surrogate’s journey, the doctor may order bed rest. This may sound like a mini vacation to some, or a prison sentence to others. But, believe it or not, time spent in bed can actually be very productive. Here are some ideas to help you relax, be productive or curb any kind of boredom.
- Hop on that computer! There is so much you can do from a laptop; from improving your typing skills to free tutorials for Photoshop, there is an array of programs that you can use to boost your value. You could always put together that photobook from the thousands of photos you have stored on the cloud. Even blogging and journaling about your surrogacy journey is an excellent option to let those creative juices flow!
- Study a new language. While in bed, you have the opportunity to listen to do an online foreign language learning program; such as the free program; Duolingo. You can even read some books about the language you’re learning. It would be fun to practice by speaking to the baby!
- Learn a craft.You may have always wanted to learn how to knit and now you have your chance! There are all sorts of project kits that are available including knitting, sewing, making your own jewelry, painting, card making, calligraphy, and even scrap booking. You could even make something for the baby! Make sure to use a serving tray or lap desk as a work surface. That way you aren’t digging around for kit parts that get lost in the bed. And purchase in advance so you are prepared and occupied for your mini vacation
- Take an online class.If you’re aware you are going to be on bed rest for several months, you can take a regular length online class. If you are going to be on bed rest for 3-to-6 weeks, you can take accelerated classes that are shorter and more intense. Check online for free courses or your local community college that will offer low-cost ones.
- Read a book.This is a great way to entertain yourself and pass the time. Most of us have not touched an actual book in quite a while. We are busy and have little time to ourselves these days. This is the perfect time to take advantage and read.
These are just a few things you could do while resting and passing the time as a surrogate on bed rest. Take this time to enjoy yourself and your time!
Interested in learning more about surrogacy? Give us a call today or visit www.deliveradream.com and let’s talk!