Spring is in the air! We have had a cold and tough winter, and now we are starting to see the light at the end of the dark and cold winter tunnel. You may get the urge to enjoy some outdoor activity or get the house organized and cleaned. Just keep in mind, you are pregnant and you need to take it slow.
It would be awesome if chores disappeared when you discovered you were pregnant, but that is never the case. And, now that you are carrying, you have to be careful about what products you use, and how you use them. Here are a few things to keep in mind when spring cleaning.
- Avoid Fumes – chemicals are harmful to pregnancy. Look at homeopathic cleansers, and don’t be afraid of looking into the magic concoction of vinegar, baking soda, and lemons.
- Stay away from Kitty Litter – This may be a great time to show your child how to care for their pets, especially if you have a cat. Cat feces can have a negative impact on your pregnancy so stay away from Fluffy’s toilet.
- Avoid muscle strain – as your belly blossoms, your center of gravity changes. In this case, lifting and carrying becomes more difficult and more complicated. Try to maintain a good posture to prevent backaches and all other kinds of aches.
- Take a break! Remember, you are pregnant. Your body is working twice as hard so give it a rest! And stay hydrated!
- Mind the belly. Try rounded laundry baskets. The rounded sides make carrying the baskets much easier. And yes, you can try doing this before you buy, no shame….
Even surrogates get those nesting instincts, and you can use this to your advantage. Reorganizing a closet will relieve any natural drive to prepare, clean, and organize. On top of becoming systematized, you are actually preparing for an easy transition following your return from the hospital.
Keeping a clean house isn’t always easy when you are pregnant. Consider reaching out to your support group for help. And check your contract. Sometimes cleaning services are included at a point of gestation. Typically, between 32 and 36 weeks.
If you are interested in this selfless act of kindness, give Shared Conception a call today. Call us at either our Houston 713-622-1144 or Dallas 214-390-4024 office for more information. Your journey can begin by filling out an application request form. Visit www.deliveradream.com for more information.