During this lingering pandemic, we have been asked by many of our surrogates and potential surrogates about how COVID-19 may impact their surrogacy journey. Although COVID-19 has changed our lives in many ways, it is still possible to have a successful journey with some extra precautions to help keep everyone safe.
The recommendations associated with COVID-19 seem to be everchanging, but there is some important information about Shared Conception for you to know when considering surrogacy:
- Shared Conception is continuing to prescreen and match surrogates with intended parents.
- We are constantly in search of surrogates. We have many intended parents waiting for a match and are very eager to find one.
- Final medical screening and embryo transfer procedures have continued since June after many clinics were closed March-May. Professional guidelines have allowed fertility clinics to reopen in June as long as the clinic follows recommended precautions to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Some of our surrogates have traveled for their fertility treatment. Read our information regarding air travel during COVID-19 here.
- Currently, there is no evidence of transmission of the virus via eggs, sperm, or embryos.
- The information on pregnancy is limited, but it appears that pregnant women are no more likely than anyone else to have severe symptoms from the coronavirus. Of course, this info can change with new data.
- Hospital visitor policies have changed. When it comes to labor and delivery, each hospital makes its own policies. In some cases, the intended parents are also sometimes allowed in the delivery room or will be in a nearby room to receive the baby when he/she is born. Check with your hospital to confirm their policies.
Shared Conception will closely monitor the news on COVID-19 and provide you with updates to better guide and support you in your surrogacy or parental journey. Interested in learning more about surrogacy? Visit www.deliveradream.com to find out more information about becoming a surrogate!
If you are interested in having a surrogate, let Shared Conceptions make your dreams of a family a reality. Give us a call today and we will help you get one step closer to the child you have always wanted. Visit https://sharedconception.com for more information.